Thursday, August 10, 2006

Post Trauma

I wouldn't be able to describe in details the very moment that fear had gripped my heart. Sometimes we try to do the right thing, without the wisdom to do it. Sometimes we try to play the Samaritan, only to find trouble upon ourselves. What then can we say? What then should we do?

Though trouble seeks me, I found it a chance for my faith to grow. Though fear breaks me down, I found it a chance to expand my strength upon the grace of God. How then shall I describe how good God has been? Though through my neglect I had not fully depended on Him, nor had I prayed ever so fervently, yet He grant me mercy upon mercy, grace upon grace. Yet He loved me so, and sent help from above.

It took me a while (lagging) to feel the full impact of a trauma, and to recognize salvation. But I do. Will I continue to be the Samaritan? Yes, as the Bible has commanded us too. Only with a bit more wisdom and experience this time.

Fear has no place when God is fully in our view. And even so I'm continually learning to trust in the only thing that will never change in my life: God.

No comments: