Thursday, August 24, 2006

Church Camp 2006

They say pictures tell a better tale. However I'm not thoroughly happy with this year's collection of pictures (for story telling that is).

This year we went to Malacce Watercity Resort. At first sight (and thru the lense of Rachel's camera), the place is beautiful. Surrounded with water everywhere and interesting facilities, it seems like too much of a deal. However, with a weather like our's, a bad hotel chef and leaking roof, suddenly it doenst seem very attractive anymore.



But besides that we had our fun. The activities organized were good. And when church people gather, you can gurantee some fun, crazy, loud fellowship. Whatever the age, it never fails to attract attention. I guess what I'm proud to say is that wherever we go (Christian groups, that is), we are able to have clean, crazy times. People wonder, some stare... but I guess it's just part of having that joy in us.



The most defining moments in any camp (in my opinion) is what happens at the altar. That's what the camp is for, isn't it? The get a fresh anointing, to receive a touch from God, to repent and make things right in our lives, to seek God for guidance, to be challenged and encouraged. And my favourite pictures are those of people in worship. To see the nation on its knees, in worship. I love to stand at the altar and just watch people pray. It touches a deep part of my soul. I love most to see children and youth in deep worship and tears. It's a most awesome sight.



But I guess you cant really tell the story of the whole camp. Different people will have different stories to tell. And to really know, well, you got to be there. But one of the most memorable moments, i'm sure, for everyone, would have been the impromptu dance. Check it out, by clicking HERE


For more pictures, click here. For even more pictures than that (plus video), buy the CD from church.

No comments: