Sunday, August 13, 2006

My Favourite Day

What is my favourite day of the year? My birthday of course. It was the day I was born. And every year, on this day = 12th August, I want one same thing - to be happy.

Went to work as usual. Figured if I took leave and had nothing to do, it might drive me partially insane. I no longer know how to sleep in late and bum at home. I can't even sleep in anymore. There is a biological clock in my brains that automatically wakes me up by 8+ or 9am. And so to work I went. Received many birthday well wishes from the time the clock struck midnight, and all through the day. I got many touching ones but I think this is my fav cos it's just so cute.

Had lunch with Lavinia. Yes Lavi, I mentioned you in this blog. Thank you for lunch and the time spent out was simply lovely. Why didn't we take any pictures ah? If you let, I'd like to do that for you next year (it'll be on weekend right?).

Went on to continue work. Music practice and all (no lah, I still don't backup for worship, I work with the computer). Went for the Aspirers Field Day. Thank God I wasn't in charged. Just show face only. And I must say that it is refreshing to do that once in a while. I guess I gotta learn to just let go more often. To know that things will be ok. Derrick did a good job and the youth had a lot of fun. (Argh who's having the pictures again? Need to hunt for those pics) All in all I need to focus on what matters more. I really need to do that. Don't want to spend my time on the little things that is gonna bog me down and keep Aspirers from actually moving on, forward.

I left Aspirers outing early - for the first time ever. And honestly felt uneasy about it. But I guess it's just me. Rushed home to bath and went over to Esther's house to crash the older young adult gathering. Feel young sitting there. Heheh... And of course was immediately put to work by Sally. (after all we've played all those games last week. It'll be unfair to join again) But I had quite a relaxing time chatting with people
(skipped dinner again). And I'd say it was quite enjoyable.

Again, left early to head to starbucks, where all was gathering to celebrate my birthday. Yippee! (though I think my birthday was just an excuse for everyone to come together. ;P ) But thanks anyway for the company, the chocolate cheese cake (which we have not finished till now). i DID enjoy myself ler.

(pics - waiting patiently for Joanne Foong)

The next day, after choir practice, we headed to Kensington for lunch (slightly different group of ppl) that I need not pay. They changed their carbonara recipe, which i am frowning upon. I think we made such a mess that we might actually be banned from the restaurant ever.

But I have to admit that I was not all up. There was an unavoidable disturbance in my soul or spirit. Perhaps it was the post trauma that dragged my mood down some, perhaps it was something else altogether. I'm not sure. I kept telling myself it's just a birthday, don't be such a baby. But I know I have awesome friends that came out of their way to spend time with me. Thanks to all who shared part of my birthday with me. It gave me great joy. *hugs*

A part of me felt bad though, for not spending much time with my family on my birthday. Was out the entire day. I seriously don't know what to say or feel about that.

I discovered something. My feelings were actually almost a repeat of last year's. I checked the archives. Exactly a year ago. (how time flies) Wahhh... so same wei. Hmm what does it all mean hmm? At least I can safely say that it was better as compared to last year. LOL. But you know what? I still didn't get flowers this year. hahhaahh.... Both Esther and Lavinia did this year. And what's with the starbucks and kensington? Is there no better place to go then for my celebrations to be always the same place. hey friend, even I can get bored. Next year starbucks again can, but kensington, don't want lah.

No comments: