Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Global Leadership Summit

Global Leadership Summit is like the summit of our month, after the long preparation and nights of sleeplessness. The day had come and is now here where leaders from all over Malaysia gathered with a desire to improve themselves to reach a new level in their leadership. Ever since I first heard Bill Hybels on his vision with GLS, I was completely sold out. I admire a man who dare to dream and dare to give that dream a go, especially a God-given, life-changing one.

Pictures courtesy of TJ, my BCM classmate whom I caught holding a DSLR

During the two days, I had yearned to go mingle (it is seldom that I actually want that - perhaps because I actually do know more people now) but I worked hard doing my job. Felt a little disappointed to not have the chance to mingle much, save for small hies and byes. But perhaps when GLS is in another church and I'm simply attending, I could then mingle. =)

Nevertheless, I will not miss out the chance to experience and learn as much as I can. Forget the food, just let me learn too. And like most delegates, I had been originally disappointed at the speakers line-up. But as the saying goes, "don't judge a book by it's cover". It was simply too awesome. The messages pierced hearts as it spoke to church leaders, challenging them to go back once again to the core of the Faith and dare to go out and make a difference, whatever it may costs, for the call is bigger than any thing this world can offer. At least that's the message to me. I was moved and challenged and convinced and re-fired. The session ended with leaders giving their lives anew and saying "Here Am I".


I want something more.....

Here's some of my prayers:
  • That I will refuse Him nothing.
  • That I'll always be foolish enough to believe I can make a difference in this world so as to not stop trying.
  • Break my heart for what breaks Yours.
Be inspired. Be encouraged. Lead where you are.

No comments: