Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Chronicles of Down Under: Epilogue


There's so much more I can say about my trip, but I'm choosing not to. However, sitting in my familiar room once again, I choose to reflect on the trip I had just taken. I had wanted to get away from the mundaneness and stress of life and people back here, wanted to find myself again fearing I might have lost me altogether in work and no play, wanted to sit with God and just enjoy His presence and just be. Needed to. So badly.

If asked what was the best part of the trip, I'd have to say experiencing the everyday life. As beautiful as the sights, and food and everything was, it was the everyday that inspired my heart. Life will always bring trouble and there's no place you can run from it. Different country, different faces but the problem will remain. Part of me said 'hey you should just move too... there's so much more here to offer'. Yet I knew it could never be. The call will always be greater than the want.


This trip, I had the privilege to stay with 3 different host - in different phases of life, living life very differently from the other - giving me very different perspectives of life in itself. They were all most kind and generous to me which I thank God for.
It's life that inspires. Ironic isn't it, that it is the mundaneness of life that drove me away yet it's the everyday beauty of life that drew me once again. God has a sense of humor. It's so like God to do that.

I refreshed my spirit with the grandeur of God's creations, reminded myself the meaning and importance of relationships, relaxed my mind with the mundaneness of the everyday pleasures, filled my body with the delights of tasting (evident when I stand on the weighing scale), tantalize my senses with the cultures and lifestyle and stories - soaking in every detail like a sponge. When Dav asked what I wanted to see, I told him not to bother me about shopping. I wanted to see and eat and experience the very culture and life. And that was what I did. There was the horror of a 90 degree roller coaster drop and the serenity of watching the seagulls walk the shorelines, eating home cook korean noodles and the very exclusive meat platter at the Crown's, walking the downtrodden back alleys where graffiti is seen on every wall and the fanciest and highest class streets uptown, sitting home after a quiet meal with the music filling the air and walking down Yarra River sneaking pictures at costumed people at midnight, going on grocery shopping routes and personal day trips of the mighty Great Ocean Road.

And so I stand and say, thank you people who have been pr
aying for me and supporting me so much for this break. Thank you people who hosted me and put up with my tourist-ness. Thank you God my Lord for reminding me and refreshing me and inspiring me for the months ahead. I've lived so much, learnt so much, loved so much... in this short two weeks. It was simply awesome.

Back to Main Menu

No comments: