Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Chronicles of Down Under: Gold Coast


To Gold Coast we go.... Weeeee......

After hearing so much bout this little town and all the 'worlds' that it offers - escapades and fun filled family times, it's about time I went. And because of ti
me constraints, we decided to visit only one - MovieWorld (the one with the least rides supposedly) cos well it's MOVIE, one of my obsessions.

With all my muscles psyched and ready, Steven drove an hour to Gold Coast and into MovieWorld. But the place was not as big as I expected it to be. Maybe had too high an expectation on the place. Movie World was designed to look like the scenes in the movie or cartoons. Every where you turn is a hint of another movie. But besides the the parades and shows, there isn't anything else to do but the rides.

I was persuaded and almost dragged into sitting almost all the rides there is in the place. Esther said I would be overcoming my fears if I went. And eventually I did. Starting with the WORST of rides - Lethal Weapon. I came out feeling sick to my guts, migraine and nausea and shaking. But of course, there was another ride and another ride. I felt my senses knocked out after that and wonder why people like it. It's like hangover. The adrenaline wasn't that much fun either. I feared for my life. And prayed so hard. Half way through the day I could no longer hold the camera for a still picture.




Look! Batman! OooOo Scooby Doo Gang. And there's Shrek! Who is that women with wings suppose to be? Oh look Tweety and Bugs Bunny....! Poor people must be sweating in their costume. Oh Look look look... AaahHhh.....

Hey, I probably will never return here... And i AM a tourist.

Although I was dropped dead tired from the muscle stress, we headed out to Surfer's Paradise - where the beach was. And wow was I in love with the beach. I have a fetish for
beaches - sea, sand, wind. It's not the most beautiful beach I've seen but there's something about the calming affect of the waves crashing against the shore that calms my nerves, and refreshes my soul. It's like standing on the great mountain's peak, or beneath a roaring waterfall, floating above a still lake with birds tweeting about. Something about the water that calms. Something about the awesomeness and grandeur of nature that proclaims His majesty that gives that calming peace. Even the rocks will cry out in praise.


Next: Epilogue
Back to Main Menu

5 comments:

she3p said...

hey.............why tat sad look on the pic....haha??

@nne said...

on the rollercoaster?
tat was how i felt after the ride. LOL.

some ppl love the adrenaline of a roller coaster. i'm not some ppl. kekekek

poreiz said...

u went gold coast so nice and movie world. after hearing your experience, i dont think i will go to theme parks with esther :P

@nne said...

i shud be more specific. it was all STEVEN's fault. esther went for him after all.

elaine said...

Haha! You ACTUALLY went for lethal weapon!!!!! Awesome ride no?