Sunday, November 02, 2008

Go Fish

Recently, my church embarked a 6 week journey through small groups called "Go Fish: Because of what's on the line" by Andy Stanley. Sometimes the word 'evangelism' bores you out as a Christian, between a guilty tug and a frighten heart. You know you ought to but it's just not that easy. I'm saying this as someone who has never seen a loved one won out of my effort. And the guilt piles, knowing.. if only.

This 6-week series explores the motivation behind sharing as it talks about God's heart. It is a very practical study guide into the live of a fisherman - that we were
all called to fish - the very thing we are trying to ignore. Some said it's boring some said it was interesting. I say it gave me a whole new perspective to God's call and the idea of fishing. Couple with the Christmas Musical's "Mobilizing Evangelism" under yours truly, I did some soul searching, and was immediately convinced of the urgency of the matter.

I started to embark on journeys in what most people call 'catching up with people'. Sometimes in our busyness we tend to forget what's important. I'm convinced that I need to do more than what I've been doing to reach my loved ones, I need to care more and I need to pray more. I'm trying. I need to make time, I know. And I'm trying. Oh and it's not enough. And it's so necessary. Oh God enable me to speak Your word with boldness! And I am trying so.

Here's a song by Casting Crowns called
"Here I Go Again"

Casting Crowns-Here I Go Agai - Various

Father, hear my prayer
I need the perfect words
Words that he will hear
And know they're straight from You
I don't know what to say
I only know it hurts
To see my only friend slowly fade away

Chorus:
So maybe this time
I'll speak the words of life
With Your fire in my eyes
But that old familiar fear
is tearin' at my words
What am I so afraid of?
'Cause here I go again
Talkin' 'bout the rain
And mullin' over things
that won't live past today
And as I dance around the truth
Time is not his friend
This might be my last chance
to tell him that You love Him

But here I go again
Here I go again

Lord, You love him so
You gave Your only Son
If he will just believe
He will never die
But how then will he know
What he has never heard?
Lord he has never seen mirrored in my life

No comments: