Monday, November 10, 2008

AYA 4th Dream Malaysia Award


At the end of the event, five people asked us how we thought the presentations were.


Our answer shocked them all.

Here's the story
:

We had crabs for dinner that evening. I was running late, getting ready, filling gas and turning back for my phone. So Mich and I were already late when we finally headed towards KL. The problem was that we got lost. Trying to be smart about the roads didn't help. Majority of our friends didn't pick up their phones or couldn't help. An hour later, we found our way to KLPAC. We were stupefied to realize we had been so near yet so far the entire time. Why there are no signboards to identify the turning, is beyond me. No wonder we keep missing the tiny road.

After traveling possibly every nook and cranny of KL city, a knowledgeable and helpful petrol kiosk attendant helped point us the exact direction and location of the venue. And we walked through the front entra
nce fashionably late, hoping no one will notice. Except that the stage doors opened at that moment and people started to come out.

So what was our answer to the five people who asked us about the event?
"We just arrived" was o
ur answer.

Imagine that. My br
ains are laughing and rolling on the floor as I type.

Well we HAD to take some pictures. I mean we came all the way from Seremban. We said our hellos to some old ICFers. Most were volunteering and busy. So for those that were not, we had dimsum at a nearby roadside stall to catch up. I mean I came all the way from Seremban after all!
Though the rest did not have time
to say more than 3 sentence, and their bloodshot eyes says it all, I did widen my network a tad bit.


@nne: What's an artiste attendant do?
Nic: Attends to artistes.

Toll price: RM21.60

Petrol price: RM20 (about)

Dimsum price: RM6
Catching up with friends: priceless. (but forgot to take pic of that)

I arrived home at 1am and headed straight to bed. I was already groggy driving myself back and thank the good Lord that I am safe and sound. I was in grave danger of falling asleep on the wheel.

But the night wasn't all that bad. After all, you can't buy stories like these.

4 comments:

she3p said...

what a night...??! :P

hehehe...

Joel Vijay said...

Hey Anne, was great catching you for like 1 minute there..sorry couldn't really join u folks as my hands were really tied up. Hope to catch up soon! Heard about ur Aussie trip - you're going places! Bravo :)

elaine said...

hahahaha..

Somehow I'm not surprised.. :P

@nne said...

sheep: u shud haf been there!

joelvijay: yeala. we SHOULD meet up apart from events and weddings. and YOU're going places too with band gigs and all. =)

elaine: lavi said the same thing.