Thursday, September 27, 2007

Faith


They always say faith can move mountains. But as you grow older, you find it harder to believe, harder to count on it, harder to trust or risk it. I don't know what it is that makes us such an unbeliever. Perhaps it's simply this world. That's why Jesus talked so much about childlike faith. Just the ability to simply believe.

It's not that I don't believe. I just prefer to be prepared. But I remember the few occasions where I didn't have a backup plan and God as all I had. Faith takes a new meaning in those time. And he always saw me through.

A 14year old reminded me of that when she believed. She believed that her God was able to postpone a government state-wide exam though the exam was scheduled to be in a month's time. She wanted to serve her God and she believed He would make a way. Simple as that. I had my doubts.

God made that miracle for her
..... And reminded me.... (Thanks Jess) .... Faith can move mountains.

How could I forget that You are that God
The God that called the universe to be
You gave life and made everything that we see
The sun and the sea and the earth is at your very command
The rocks cry out to You, O God

How could I forget that You are the Love
The Love that rescued me when all was bleak
Seen me through every season of my life
You hung on to me when no one else did and showed me worth
You taught my heart to sing, O Lord

How could I forget, how could I forsake
How could I turn my face and walk away
Where else would I go when my heart falls apart
Where else can I run when the world turns to taunt
I could not live a single day without You
You are my all in all, my everything

How could I forget that You are the Reason
The reason I live, I sing, I try, I love
You've never failed, hand in hand, step by step
Showed me your wondrous plan and invited me on this journey
I wanna go where You call me, my God

No comments: