Monday, September 03, 2007

Anne's Day Out


After weeks of intense pressure, I sat at Starbucks with some of my girlfriends and just kicked back and relaxed. The weather was splendid for sitting out with a Starbuck's maciato in one hand. As the rest say, it was almost like we weren't in Malaysia. Ah.. I wouldn't know.

I cannot begin to explain the joy of being able to just sit back and just hang out with my friends. I get so little of that these days. And it's such an awesome feeling.
We need to really find time to strengthen bonds and rest in real friendship that you can truly be encouraged to be the best of yourself and not hated for being the worst of yourself.

I'm also glad to know that there is another place I can to "rest" when things go bad. That i can find complete rest in Christ. In the middle of the week or during altar calls or when I'm alone in the room, I can just stop and leave my burdens to Him and just rest.

Here's a picture I took of Hazel's blog. To quote FC and Sally: "
Why re-invent the wheel?"

On a different note, Lavinia and I watched The Invasion the night after. We had spent an entire day together, something not done for a very long time. And some friendships you don't ever wanna loose.

Though the movie was about alien invasion and psychological thriller stuff and Daniel Craig could melt your heart, I was drawn to what one of the ambassador was saying in the movie - a phrase that was repeated at the end. I don't remember how it goes exactly but it's something like "humans are capable of the most horrid crimes when they are desperate". When we are fighting for our survival or to gain something we really want or love, there is no limit or extend to what we can do and will do. The simple explanation would be the fight to survive or exist in this world. Human would fight, steal, kill, just to live, without any other psychological explanation save this.

Perhaps it's true. I mean, I believe it is.

Yet there is hope. That true virtue still exist. And when we fight our human instincts to allow these virtues to rise up (with Christ living in us), then we truly stand out and amaze the world.

But everyone has a limit. I wonder where is that limit.

No comments: