Saturday, September 08, 2007

The Temple on the Hill

Did you know about the temple on the Kepayang hill, surrounded with a thick jungle where the mist float about? The one we always wonder how you could possible get to. The small light in the middle of the forest up on the hill. Know that temple? Remember?

Well this is not a story about that.


This is the story about the journey up... (the lower temple actually)


Today I was awaken by my alarm at 6.30am while my brain screams in objection that it was far too early and the sun had no risen. As I was deciding to go back to sleep and call the entire effort off, my phone rang.


Today Esther Tan-Chong called me at 6.31am to get out of bed.


Today I dragged myself out of bed to get ready and sat on m
y stool, soaking in the morning experience. I was fully awake. And I had a few minutes to spare. So my heart turned to God. And to my surprise, time flew by as I talked to God.

Today Joel Chong had to call me to get out of the house at 6.55am because they had arrived and were waiting for me.


Today I saw Kepayang hill for the first time and climbed the hill much to the objection of my exhausted muscles. It was sheer torture to force my body to move up the slope. But talking helped keep my mind of the task. And 45mins later, we saw the miserable looking temple on the hill with the tiny bell. I collapsed in relief.


Today I saw the view of this side of Seremban for the first time in my 25years of living here. It was nothing to look at. But the view of the mountains and the mist and the forest on one side was a sight my heart beheld. I was glad I went. We sat talking about all kinds of things for the next 30mins. I've almost forgotten what natural fresh air felt like. And sitting there on the top of a mountain. I was rejuvenated!

We hurried down the hill at 8.30am. I knew I was late. I still had to bath before I headed to work. I rushed home and took a quick shower and hurried to work, arriving about the same time I do every other day - a few minutes pass 9am.

This morning I felt that I had accomplished so much before I even went to work. I had exercised, gone to a place I've never been, fellowship with mentor and youth alike, took a morning bath, and talked to God.

This morning, I did not need a cup of coffee to help me start of my day.

-----

Today I got a headache from lack of sleep and the heat
Today I took a long afternoon nap
Today I went to bed before midnight...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anne!! I love this post!! Especially the bit about how u didn't need a cup of coffee to start ur day. It's amazing to come to a realization that there are so many other things that can sustain us.. awesome realization..