Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Leaving Legacies

When we leave this world, what will we be most remembered for? How would we have changed humanity or at least the people around us? Would we have fulfiled what we've been created for? Do we leave behind a legend for scholars and story tellers? As Pastor Sally has constantly repeated, I wanna leave behind a legacy. A passion that people have caught, a work that people will continue to do, lives behind me that have been changed. I want to be remembered for the work I did and the God I serve. That is most important. Steve Irwin passed on. (link courtesy of signius) And I believe he left a legacy. Though people remembered his antics but I think what he left behind was more than his famous words and hyperactive antics. What he did when he was alive will continue to change the world. Most of us wont even notice or never have heard of his conservation efforts as a naturalist and enviromentalist, trying to preserve and save the wildlife while educating the world about them. May his Australia Zoo live on in memory of his families life work. I wanna live each day with a purpose. With a determination to leave a legacy in Jesus' name.

No comments: