Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Ancient of Days

Am actually back blogging. I was at Nang Hong cos Li Lin wanted to get a recorder. Lo and behold I stared at the lock to the recorder showcase. I have never seen anything like it. It is so old that no one ever uses them anymore. It's ancient! It belongs in the museum of machines or something. I didnt get to take a picture of the key which was quite something as well.Oh yes, there was an old check printing machine as well. I remember seeing my mom used it when I was a kid. And I saw it again. It's really cool... Seeing how technology has grown to what it is now. Also scary when you realised how close we're getting to the end times. Was all foretold.At night I was hooked on watching Sister At. Even though rotten tomatoes rated it otherwise, its an amazing show. And the music.. woh...Know why? Cos it shows of a women who stick through and made a difference because she believed. The nuns and all weren't all that good to show about what Christians really are. Kinda putting down. But I guess that's how the world sees it.
Enclosed, naive...
Whoopi Goldberg.. my new role model. No not her!!! But what she stood for in the film. She stood as someone willing to make a difference. She was faithful to friends, she believed in helping the students go beyond what they thought they could. She made a difference wherever she went. Because she believed in the good in people. I keep thinking of my students and what I wanted to be - a teacher who cared, who took the time to know her students... so that she could make a difference. That's all I want. My decisions all centered around that simple theme. My heart for the young.

I don't know if I'm doing that. One thing I know is that I'm not doing as much as I'd like to be. I see my colleague and think she's doing more. Sometimes I wonder if God picked correctly. Seeing the person I am, I laugh to myself, at myself. Who am I kidding? My heart's desire is to make a difference among the younger generation.. well i'm still young too. But I want to be a light, be the salt. I don't know if I can. I doubt I'm worthy enough. But I wanna do what I can.

Lord use me to do thy bidding. I am Yours. Bound by vow I surrender to You. Use me to lead and serve Your children. To call them back into Your arms. Your hands, scarred for them, still reaching out to them, in everlasting love.

*How do you resize the pic?

No comments: