Monday, April 19, 2010

Easter Musical 2010: Bow the Knee

While the town of Seremban was covered with buntings on the road and flyers in people's mailbox, the talk on many's tongue was Agape's Musical - and I'm not trying to boast. It was that time again when we put on a Musical for anyone and all to see. And we always give our best. This was where my interest in theatre began.

So for 3 nights, volunteers arrive as early as 2pm for mic test and all kinds and test; 4 pm for make up and dress up; 6pm dinner and prayer and more prep! By 7.30 the choir neatly hides themselve behind the screen, awaiting showtime at 8.15pm as guest starts to roll on. And as we've warn our friends, come early. Seriously. On Saturday night, we had an overflow and even had to turn people away at the age as there was absolutely no more space. My feet hurts from standing the entire time, all 3 days.

I'll leave the reviewing to our guest on their facebooks, albums, blogs. Here's a few pics for the file. My pics were mostly on volunteers and not much on stage.



I'm not in the mood nor have the resources to compile an extensive archive of the Musical. Many have already done so. But I thank God for the high level of voluntarism and willingness in Agape that made this possible. I mean nobody was paid for this and we charge nothing. In fact, we invested more than we got back. But that's how the Kingdom of God works, and I pray that each and everyone of us will realise that it's more than just a big show we can shout about. I pray that seeds have been planted and God will continue to work in their lives. Continue to use us - that we slack not. Not now...

I know real results for an event like this is rather hard to measure or seen. Sometimes we even wonder why we do what we do. But we gotta believe that it is not us but God who will work in their lives. It may be a return call, it may be a seed, it may be the first impression to a church, it can be even years before they finally give their life over. But God does work and will. His word will not go forth void.

More photos of the extensive preparation, volunteers, and effort to put the Musical together here. Seriously, take a look. If you have never been to one of our Musicals. One day, you have to make it a point. And bring a friend.

1 comment:

Blackjack Rules said...

I regret, that I can help nothing. I hope, you will find the rrect decision.