Monday, December 14, 2009

APYAC09


I know I was rather exhausted and did not want to go to yet another conference, much less herding sheeps left and right along the way. I already imagined the whole shuttling business and I felt stressed. I feel like sighing.
(but I'm suppose to stop sighing)

Asia Pacific Youth Alive Conference (10-12 Dec) @ GTPJ
"Speak to the Nations"

But standing amidst so many people and worshiping one God is a most exhilarating experience. The songs that were sang were so simple and heartfelt. I felt so refreshed simply declaring all over again my commitment and love for my God. Despite myself, I was refreshed and renewed in His awesome presence. Times like these are so rare and few in between. It's not right. We should experience Him on a more regular basis, to know that He walks with us and talks with us. A reality most of us miss. I miss in my busy-ness.


But what is it about big conferences / rallies like this that I like after so many years? What is it about this particular one that intrigued me? Well, it is absolutely amazing to hear the voices of so many young people just worshiping ONE God, with hands lifted high and tears rolling down their faces. We may be from different churches, different races, different background but we stand together, under one roof, united under one God. Boundaries just fall down and you understand what God had intended when He built the church - this community living that most of us no longer want. And here where 29 nations gathered together, it becomes more real. I loved to hear what God is doing in all these countries. God has not given up on us! His spirit is being poured out on nations on this side of the world. To see young people from different nations rise up and saying we want Jesus in our country brings a sense of hope and Sovereignty of Christ rule! There are those suffering for the sake of the gospel, but standing before us saying they will press on till every knee bow at the name! Come on, youths in Malaysia! Don't give up yet.


Two themes ran throughout the conference: 1) stay in the country of your birth. don't run away. we have a destiny here. 2) God wants to speak to us and He is, but are we listening? (at least to me that was it).

The group that went for APYAC
Thanks to the older ones who really helped look out for the rest.
Thank you for also being so obedient and responsible most of the time.

No comments: