Monday, December 14, 2009

Edukiosk

This marks the first of its very kind. It was an old dream - one I've rehearsed in my mind for years just waiting for the right time or opportunity. I expected people to just catch that same zeal and excitement. But of course that was my disillusionment. Though people tell me it's a good idea and a good job I couldn't help feeling disappointed.

The Edukiosk was a one stop information centre - where high school graduates could get information about higher education. There were many options and alternatives about what to study, financing options, where to study that most students never had an opportunity to know. Many of us wish we knew what we knew now so that we'd have made better choices. The problem is never that we couldn't but we never knew. This town has so many people who never had the chance to know and I think they deserve to know. Maybe dreams are God given - His way of helping people by empowering us to do something about it. My previous jobs have always been in the education industry.

And this is something new. I don't have pictures...

Note to self: Remember that dream takes time. Even if you've gone up the mountain and seen the other side, it doesn't mean that others can see or that it would immediately be so. It always takes time. Everything takes time.

No comments: