Friday, December 25, 2009

What will U give Jesus this Christmas

Pastor Sally's sermon on the 20th was a pre-Christmas message that prepared us to think about the coming Christmas and all that it is meant to be. And I wonder how many of us made good of our promises. The sermon was entitled 'What will You Give Jesus this Christmas'.

So... what WILL we give the birthday King? Christmas is actually Jesus' birthday (not his exact birthday but like our King, we have a day to commemorate it). And don't the birthday boy get the present? Yet we get so occupied giving presents and getting present that we forget to set a worthy one aside for the One whose birthday we are celebrating. Do we want to be just like the rest of the world in that, or should we as Christian shine the right kind of meaning and light.

Let us celebrate Jesus this Christmas. Let us give God something this Christmas. What will U give Jesus this Christmas? What does Jesus want from us? He wants our hearts, our thoughts, our will, our days, our hurts... He wants us wholly and completely. What will we turn over to Jesus this Christmas?

I hold my gift - as ugly as it seems to me - to give it to You. Saying my will is not my own but anything You want it to be. It seems so hard to let go but I have decided that I will trust You with it.

1 comment:

she3p said...

give urself loh..:)