Sunday, April 20, 2008

Take the Stage


Aspirers had our talent time where the youth took over the stage. There were some really interesting impersonation, new found "talents", awkward moments, dancing cups, and even thunderous applauses. *clap clap*

I'm quite proud of the effort some of them put in and the talents we are seeing. To me it is more than being able to play the guitar or act or anything like that. It is the courage to stand before a crowd and fight our own fears, it is understanding personal responsibility in doing something you promised, it is thinking our of the box of how things are normally seen, it is learning to work with one another despite their differences and circumstances. Sometimes I wish I can explain that to parents. It's not really all about what you accomplish or achieve but what happens in you and through you.

Since I can't upload the video for the entire event here (with each session spanning more than 5minutes) I only upload partial of my sisters' group's presentation here (call my bias but this IS my blog). The final winners will be announced this Saturday in Aspirers and will be invited to present during our Aspirers 25th Anniversary.


2 comments:

elaine said...

wah the video lag! cannot watch..

not sure what you're trying to say in the purple part.. :P

The food down below looks good.

@nne said...

its something very hard to explain in short sentences. haha. i really do need to figure out how to explain this huh?