Friday, April 04, 2008

Bird's Nest

For days now my maid has been showing me the various spots in the house compound that birds have built a new nest, eggs have dropped to the ground, a green baby bird was sitting in a nest, or the storm had destroyed yet another nest. I'm beginning to think she's too free or really fascinated with them nests.

Yesterday she showed me an almost too perfectly built nest with a baby bird roosting in it! It was right outside my front door on the "bonsai" plant! It was amazing to see an actual nest so up close.



It was amazing to witness nature in action. How amazing it is that God has created a little sparrow with the ability to built (with straws and leaves) a perfectly shaped nest. A common little sparrow! I mean! It's so beautiful. (better in real life) If you wanna see it you better come quick. I think I'm going to keep this nest even after the babies fly away and the sparrows move away.

How awesome is our Creator
He who made all that is in Heaven

The greatest stars and the tiniest humming birds

Who can compare to the majesty of His work

Nothing escapes His attention or notice
Every need He has prepared in advance
No plan of His can falter or be thwarted
He is worthy of all our praises forever


He sees the tiniest bird that falls

He places the universe in just the right order

Yet it was for us that He gave His life

Our Father who cares for you and me

- written by Anne


"Look at the birds of the air;
they do not sow or reap or store away in barns,
and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
Are you not much more valuable than they?"
Matthew 6:26 (NIV)

No comments: