Friday, April 04, 2008

an old reunion


When I really think about it, these are probably the oldest friends that I've got. One that are still friends, that is. (excluding the fact that leonard doesn't really keep in touch despite modern technology. LOL)

Over this last week, the twins came back to Seremban on family business but we got to meet up again. It has been too long. So we took the opportunity to rebuild old bonds and find that we really haven't lost it.
Without having to go into details about what happened those nights out (like some sort of a boring diary), I was really thrilled to find something I thought I lost. And I haven't thought about how to describe that yet. Or what that means to me... yet.



Some things are too precious to loose. And it's amazing how time doesn't wreck some things. Despite what others might say. I guess it's really about the bonds you created - how you created it, what the foundation was, and stuff like that.

I remember being told when the twins first migrated that "friends come and friends go". At that age, at that time, I refused to believe. Refuse to give up. Winne felt the same. And even though so many years has passed, she and valerie more than me, made a whole lot of effort to keep in touch. And it was important. And looking back, I'm glad they did.


Just my sentiments. Pictures

I'm getting just a tad bit sentimental. =)

______________________________________________________________

UPDATED 7th APRIL 2008

The newspaper today told a story of a retired air hostess in search of her long lost siblings. They were separated for 50years and now reaching the end of her life, she yearns to see them again.

What took her so long to realize the importance of bonds?
Why is it that we wait until we are old and lonely that we look for love and community and some sort of connection with people?

We need to realize that life is about people - people we touch and people who touch us along the way. Cause when we're at the end of our rope, we're gonna think about people - the people we forgot or left behind. So let's not forget people - the one thing that DOES actually matter in life. Let's not wait to be on our dying beds to think about that. It takes a bit of time now and then but it's worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

true friendship isn't being insepeerable, it's being seprated and nothing changes. =)