Friday, December 28, 2007

Dad's 50th Birthday

Mummy and daddy are 50 this year.
Was I not supposed to announce this?

It's suppose to be big but daddy doesn't like big crowds or big hoo-hahs like what we would have preferred to plan. But like me ( I guess) the best kinda celebrations are those with close family and friends. That's good enough.


So we went to a place we felt would be different from dad's ordinary. I mean we only get to live this life once and why not enjoy all that it has to offer? So we brought daddy to Euro Deli:- world of pork

But like every family, we have our good times, our arguments; we have our favourites and what we just can't stand. It's all about perspective - do you see the difference that makes us unique and complement each other, or the similarity that only proves we are family. Sometimes we forget what family means. But as 'Lilo & Stitch' reminds me - family means 'Ohana' and Ohana means nobody gets left behind. Blood is thicker than water.




What holds a family together? Blood, responsibility, love? What drives apart? Selfish ambitions, jealousy, greed? Let us make sure that which pulls us together will always be stronger than that which drives us apart. Cos at the end of the day, families does matter. It's part of your identity - of who you are. You can't get rid of that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i want photos. thanks! send to me or burn for me. or you could gather all the photos n burn for me.
:D

i think i look retarded and fat