Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas


Christmas Eve

The day before Christmas, and I'm found in a crowded house, trying to socialize and just survive the crowd. LOL. At times like these, I'm not sure if I prefer to be found in a suffocating crowd or alone at home. Guess you can't have the best of both worlds all the time. At times, you need to just learn to balance, do the right thing, play your part. Cos your feelings don't count. Anyway, we got home later that night to watch the countdown on the TV. For the first time in a loooooong while we actually have "presents under the tree". but the excitement of ripping those open have long lost it's attraction. So the night was spent doing what I do every christmas eve till the wee hours - wrap presents.











The abode of Aunty Cherry Yeoh-Tan.(beautiful tree is being blocked)








Christmas Day

We had our usual Christmas service and gift exchange tradition. As I've expressed before, as awesome as the tradition is, it sometimes is a little too overwhelming. I guess all kinds of thing comes with position. Sigh. It took me a week to open these up. Partially did not bother. ;P so bad of me.

This year, I had the pleasure of giving family and close friends the gifts I took the time to personally buy. And the feeling was great. It's better than receiving presents! They say it's the thought that counts. But you can't just keep thinking bout it and never doing it. What sincerity is that? Love is not a feeling or thought but an action, right?

But towards the night, we did not want to waste the "season of joy" or "season of family and friends". So my hero sister was in a party mood and invited the gang over to hang out and do silly things. Joseph brought pizza, su-ann brought some pasta, KinFei and david brought dessert wine, Fer brought some cake... that's as far as my memory goes. As usual, i did not take pictures - depending on people who did and agonizing over forever not getting them pictures.

So until the pictures come, here's a short video (penalty of a childish game we were playing). LOL. With the permission of the one on the video, of course. Taken with a camera phone (thus, the poor quality)



Being young and all that, of course the hanging out takes the highlight.

No comments: