Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Pre Retreat Testimony

[back blogging]

It was a few days before the Retreat, and already I was running around preparing last minute preparations. Afraid i might forget something, I went thru my files a couple of times just to make sure I did not forget anything. activities, booklet, prizes, payments..... venue. So I called to make the payment for the venue only to discover that we've been double booked! Argh! Why didn't I make the bookings in black and white earlier? How did that slipped me? Silly me!

Oh God! Please don't let us camp in church! Please please provide us a place.... I felt my heart dropped a hundred feet below ground. My hands were sweaty in prayer as Pastor Sally called a contact. Oh God pleaseeeeeeee... That was how my prayer sounded like as I was totally lost for words.

Then I heard the words "so you DO have space this weekend". I almost leaped in joy! Golden Sands, which was initially booked, a highly popular and difficult to obtain venue which we had been trying for 2 years, is available this very weekend. I almost couldn't believe it. I was so excited to see miracles right before me. As I told the youth later on "God is already working before the camp starts, can you imagine what He's going to do AT camp?" I think the world of my God! Even as I write now, I feel my heart beating.

We drove down almost immediately to check the place out and make necessary arrangements and payments. Of course there are so many changes to consider but I thank God that a lot of things were similar enough that we could work things out.

Oh what a beautiful and amazing provision. When things go wrong, look to God. He is Jehovah Jireh our provider and when He provides He gives the very best. Trust Him for it! Even if it means letting go of something we deem good at the moment. God is good, all the time! Let me hear u say an AMEN!

No comments: