Friday, January 12, 2007

Isn't life interesting?

10th Jan 2007

I had the strangest phone call request by far while working in church. The below was how the conversation went:

Me: Hello! Agape.

Caller: (Ang moh) Hello, good afternoon. I was wondering if you can help me.

Me: Yes?

Caller: I would like to get married. And I’m looking for the marriage registrar in Port Dickson. Do you happen to know where I might find it?

Me: Huh? Err….

(pause)

Me: If I can have your contact, perhaps I can call you back after I ask around.

Caller: Excellent.

Thank God I have a PD contact who managed to give me the address and phone number of the jabatan pendaftaran. I was able to return the guy’s call in half an hour.

He was quite relief, saying that it was quite hard to get information in Malaysia as he had asked many places like the police stations and banks and no one could help. He should have called the nearest church! I should have asked how he got Agape’s contact.

11th Jan 2007

Another strange comment. Something I’ve never heard before. Was at Salvation when:

Salesgirl: are u a piano teacher?

Me: Huh? (pause) No

Salesgirl: u really look like one

Me: I don’t really know piano.

Talk about strange.

No comments: