Monday, January 22, 2007

Aspirers Retreat 2007

I'm finally blogging bout it. Every blogger youth had already tell their end of the story. Now I'm finally sitting down to write this...

This is the 4th retreat that I've been directly involved in. The other 3 retreats, I had a team of capable (though sometimes very frustrating) team of people that would handle the retreat. Last year, foresight thought us to sta
rt training and delegating the younger ones to organize and plan, alongside us. (Except for the activities of cos) This year's camp initially almost brought me to tears because more than half of that team of people will be absent. I brought my case before God and told Him to provide cos I cannot. To cut the long story short, God is so good. I turned to look elsewhere for a new team of people and He provided. People willing and dedicated to the course. The younger committee handled the organizing and the older ones settled activities. They showed responsibility (most of them), teachable spirit, and plenty of potential and growth. *beam* God is good to Aspirers.


So it was to Golden Sand Baptist we went. The view of the beach was spectacular. You could just sit there and "see the beauty of a sunset's glory, amazing artistry across the evening sky" What can you do but praise God for that?

Note: Please click on the pictures to see a larger version of the picture.

For more pictures, click here. (Not yet)




This year we saw MORE BOYS than girls at camp. It's history in the making! We also saw a lot of NEW PEOPLE. This is revival in the making. Other than that the weather over us stayed CLEAR all retreat thought the other side of PD rained. There is no denying that God's hands were upon us. God is so good to Aspirers. With this knowledge I don't doubt that God has GREAT plans for us as a youth group. That He meant us for greater things. I've got here with me a good group, a multi-talented group. Aspirers, wake up and take note.

For the full what happened first then next and all, please refer to Lynne / Stephanie / Joel / Keong Jian's blog (the only bloggers I'm aware of). I'm too lazy for that. I've thought of putting up a resource page to share all our ideas, discussions, games, activities online. But I need someone to help me do it. I don't have the time or skill to do it myself.

The most defining moment of the camp has and always will be that moment at the altar when God touches us. Without which the entire camp was pointless. Every outpouring of the Spirit seems greater and more than the previous moments. Every time God moves, I don't want to miss it. Though I'm a leader, these moments I don't wanna miss. I want to be right there in the front row when His Spirit move. Cos there is nothing in the world like being in the middle of God's presence. Absolutely nothing. This year everyone was on their knees, crying till their heart would break and tears muddle with mucus flow to the ground. Hearts yearning, hands shaking, voices crying out for God... hearts comforted, words of knowledge and prophecy coming forth, God's spirit ministered. When all the youths had been ministered and prayed for, the older leaders stepped forward. We weren't about to let God's spirit pass us by. And God is faithful. It was hard for me to stop. We, everyone, prayed together for Aspirers. For revival. It was a good one n half hour before the last prayer was offered up. And it was David's - out of the blue, he came and prayed for me. I was so touched.

Something in my heart
Is burning like a fire
I want to live for You
Need Your touch right now

Fill me with Your power
I want to live for You, my God

I
will not be moved
I will stand for You


I will go where You send me

Jesus take me now I am Yours

I am Yours...

I lay my life on the altar

Everything I give to You, my Lord

Here I am...
(theme song: Planetshakers, Here I Am)

The message by our speaker Ps. Nirhal, was about attitudes, commitments, revival. How timely too that a lot of it had been in my heart for Aspirers. God is indeed with us.

No comments: