Friday, January 26, 2007

Family Destination: Bangkok

Our very first family trip in (I think) 15years. So this is the first that Lynne knows off (the last one was to Singapore and she was 4 I think). But that was history!

Winne and I are actual adults now and have decided we HAVE to push this family trip through. My parents need the break! And we need to spend some quality time with just each other
before we actually start going our separate ways even more than we already have... It was such an urgent need that we felt inside that Winne and I refuse to let Bangkok bombings, our hungry dogs, or the recent break-in at my dad's office to be a hindrance! (Thank God Air Asia doesn't refund tickets) And to make it more certain, Winne and I did all the planning. Dad you take a break and stop worrying! We've got this under control. (Which he finally admitted AFTER we came back from Bangkok) tehee...

Winne's first overseas flight (Train ride to Singapore doesn't count), Lynne's first plane ride and overseas trip (going to Singapore when she's not even conscious yet doesn't count), Mom and Dad's first non-tour-package-or-planned-by-some-company trip. And my first.... erm.. what ah? Cheh... not my first anything. *swt*

Btw, Bangkok is quite advanced and hi-tech in many ways. And there was no sign of any terrorist or bombings. Perhaps the only notable measures were that there were no dustbins to be found anywhere and that your bags were check at the subways and no photos are allowed to be taken at any "hotspots" such
as subway stations and Siam Paragon. But we managed to sneak a few.


Winne already blogged and posted our entire experience. So now it's my version of the story. Pictures tell a thousand words rite? And the grand total number of pics on Winne and my camera is 695! I suspected that I only took 100+ and the rest is Winne's trigger-happy doing. LOL.



























Note: click on the picture for a closer view.

For more pictures, visit Winne's blog or her multiply as mentioned earlier. I'm too lazy to compile that myself.



We
had a GREAT family time. Of course there were tempers flared, grumblings, and stuff like that. But since there is no where to stomp off to, we had to work off our difference and work WITH our differences or rather irritating similiarities and move on. I'm so proud to say that we've been supportive, understanding, and there for each other the entire 3 days. No one blamed or complained when I got the insect bite and couldn't walk one night. Dad actually patiently waited (and worried) while we ran off shopping. Lynne was responsible enough to not loose anything, spoil anything, or forget anything. I can only one thing: God you've been SO good to my family! What more can I do but thank You and praise You.

Testimony:
Some insect managed to crawl into my sport shoe and bite my toe :( The pain started increasing and soon I could not even walk. Limping through my evenings and nights. The pain even hindered me from sleeping, so while Winne and Lynne slept soundly (for 4 hrs) the 2nd evening (and mom & dad go Robinson on their own), I was stucked watching Mummy Returns and some Discovery Channel programme on the chinese guy that travelled the world before Columbus did (the name of which escapes me but I remember learning in Sejarah before). Anyway the pain became excrutiating at night that I just cried and prayed that God will take it away. Likewise in the morning, I didn't want to spoil my family trip and I just told God that. Trusting He will heal I got ready and told my family I could make it even though I was limping badly. Ouch ouch ouch... But praise God! He is full of grace and compassion and He hears our cries. As I walked, the pain slowly faded away and by afternoon I was walking normally again. I'm so glad God doesn't go on holidays!

No comments: