Tuesday, March 10, 2009

not ashamed of the gospel?


You'd think I have no problem with this. But I do. I can preach it and pray about it but I still have that fear.


I carried my heavy, thick 'Christian Theology' to the bank and JPJ, knowing I can catch up on my reading assignment during the LONG waits in those places. In holding my book and reading it, I hope to God nobody notices what I'm reading. How in the world am I to explain what that is. True enough, two people decided to ask me. An Indian Mak Cik and a petite Malay lady.

"Studying ah?" They ventured to ask. They think I'm a student *beams*

"Ya," I politely answered with a sweet apologetic smile and directed my attention back to the book.
Please don't ask the next question, I kept repeating in my head. Please don't ask what I'm studying or where I'm studying. It was so hard to answer that I'm studying Theology at a Bible College. I know my answer will follow with gawks and awkward silences or even a polite and forced "good for you" instead of "you crazy ah".

Thankfully they did not venture to ask further. Probably not wanting to disturb me further.

Or had I just missed an opportunity to testify? Sigh!~ Silly me. =(

2 comments:

she3p said...

Hehehe......what a cute way to react...funny la u!

elaine said...

haha.. next time you could wrap the book if u feel shy! :P But aiya.. its actually okay.

As for your library.. if you want to collect books.. i think story books are pretty cheap here. you could check out www.bn.com (barnes & nobles.. I have discount!!) or borders.. or if you don't mind second hand books (which i think is quite a steal..sometimes less than 1 USD), you could go to fetchbook.info to search (I think some people deliver to Malaysia). If you need them delivered to US, I could bring them back for you when I return. :D