Sunday, September 21, 2008

Lamentations #3: Work


Just reflecting on the last few weeks and noticing how one can get so buried in work that your whole world passed you by and your heart does little to care. Can one get so numb to that which was once important? Can life be so busy, so routine, so... so... numb that we all chase our own dreams... or what we think is our dream. Those were the days when we had no care in the world and give anything to hang out with our friends. But growing up takes the fun out of hanging out.

Frightened off by the load in the near future, one starts to become more selfish. How do you balance from being selfish and taking care of your own life? How do you balance all the demands of life when it all comes crashing in from all sides, ready to tear at whatever meat it can get? They said BUSY stands for Being Under Satan's Yoke. And rightly so. But how do you break out of it? It doesn't actually get better in time.

I'm just so glad I'm going away. Put it all behind me for two weeks. Refresh myself in God in that secret place. Maybe find myself in the process. Hopefully I'll be chronicling my journey all the way ;)

1 comment:

Joel.T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.