Thursday, September 25, 2008

Chronicles of Down Under: Pre-trip


It's been a long week indeed where my mind's only focus was to finish all my work and prepare everything for my absence. Planning for 2 weeks is no simple task.

It's 5.02pm on my computer clock. Signaling that it's time for me to leave the office and follow up on my list of chores to finish up elsewhere. My heart feels heavy with the fear that I may forget to do something somewhere somehow. Well wishes and goodbyes are starting to pour in, and I know I really should get going.

It took me another 20 minutes before I left the office and headed to town. To photostat, to the bank, to the store. It was at the store that I chance upon the chattiest storekeeper I've ever encounter: (translated version)

(after a conversation about my Australia trip triggered by my buying a padlock)
Aunty : Not going with your boyfriend ah?
Me : Don't have boyfriend la aunty
Aunty : Not possible lah
Me : Really one
Aunty : Cannot look so high one
Me : I didn't. Nobody want me.
Aunty : Cannot be lah.
(the aunty and her husband proceeds to give me advise about the world today and not expecting too much when looking for a boyfriend. Uncle even told a long story about someone he knew while I stood holding my purchased item in one hand and a smile plastered on my face, not knowing what to do)

I finally arrived home at 6.25pm and proceeded to pack my things and put everything in order.

Passport. checked.
Visa. checked.
Credit Card. checked.
Extra batteries. checked.
.
.
almost 5 kg of people's things. checked.

After a quick dinner and shower... I pampered myself a little bit. And continued my packing...
No jewelry
No heels
No work

My body is ready.
My head is ready.
But heart... are you? Many people have attempted to ready you. *takes a deep breathe*
...I think you are.

It's 9.00pm. Time to head off. One last look around my room. *looks* and here I go...

Note: i'll attempt to chronicle my journey as much as I can.

Back to Main Menu

1 comment:

she3p said...

aiyoh...why sound so sad one??? it's a holiday la.......my gosh...

enjoy...!!