Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Global leadership Summit


After months waiting, plenty of stress and sleepless night, loads of prayer piled on, and just way too much planning... GLS finally arrived.
Thank God for sleepful nights before the day so that my mind was fresh on that day. The standby anxiety-suppressant pills helped too.

This is a major event where churches from all over Malaysia was participating. And they were all coming HERE! Praise City's worship team was taking on the second day. Our own worship team are stressed out preparing for first day's worship as well as platform groove (a groovy instrumental which I thought was awesome). Patrick Leong and Juwita Suwito was here to sing! Man, I've only read about and seen them from afarrrrrr. And I must note that they are the most humble celebrities.


The aim of GLS is to raise the level of leadership across the globe. And the organization will do all they can from sending manuals, raising money, sending personnels to ensure that everything is done to achieve this purpose. What a vision! Anyway the videocast sessions included interviews with Carly Fiorina (former CEO of HP), Richard Curtis (screenwriter), Jimmy Carter (former President of US), Collin Powell (former State Secretary), as well as awesome speakers like Marcus Buckingham, John Ortberg and of course Bill Hybels.

Personally, I know I learnt a lot. By serving, meeting people, and listening to the videos. Some of the thing things we know at the back of our heads, but we forget. I only hope I put those things into pracitce. Cos that's the harder part. God help me improve in my serve for you, especially in Aspirers.

Here's Larissa and Kimberley on garbage duty - training for MPS.

But I'm very proud of you girls - that you are willing to stoop down and serve in any capacity. That is the heart of a true worshiper. Remember that the greatest will be the servant of all. *hugs*

It's not about the job - it's about the attitude.

Also to the rest of the youth that faithfully served in the 2 days (while playing Uno during the sessions)... a big THANK YOU! You've done well.


I wasn't that stressed till I was screaming at everyone, like Lavinia suggested I would be. hehe. I had time to do nonsense. Meet up with old friends and/or acquaintances. More PICTURES



Notice:

Global Leadership Summit Malaysia 2008 is already opened for registration. Next year, the summit will be once again held in Agape Seremban and once again, yours truly is handling the registration. To date, 600+ people has registered. Hurry up and register for this awesome event before it is too late!!

1 comment:

military supporter said...

Business leadership summit is great event to attend for business leaders and managers to know about new ideas of being success in business with successful leadership. It may offer opportunity to find the solution of leadership issues from leadership experts.