Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Trip to Spore

The last time I went to Singapore I was still at my awkward age in my primary years. I only remembered going out with Pastor Nettie, visiting some zoo and aquarium. And staying at Anna Hotel. So if you ask if I've actually seen Singapore I'd tell you 'no I have not'.

This time, without a proper agenda or purpose, I find myself heading to Singapore. Before I knew it I was on a bus heading to Larkin and husling through the daily routine of those crossing the coasway (on the main link). Talk about hassle. But I guess if you're watching your wallet then this is the way to go. I don't think I would even want to think of doing this on my own. I might get lost or forgotten or assulted. Nope, definitely not.

Participants of this adventure: Andrew, Lavinia, Kin Sang, and myself. Of course for the guys this wasn't an adventure.

Day1
Upon arrival, we had lunch at a handmade noodle restaurant. People here speak English or Mandarin. Speaking of which, I've not heard much broken English here. We then headed back to Kin Sang's place at Pasir Ris, where he started ironing his shirt and the rest of us collapsed in front of the tv set. Bummer.



Finally someone stood up and said "let's not waste anymore time here n go see the city" well it was something of that sort. And so with Kin Sang playing hooky, we went to Orchard Rd to just walk. See the sights and the ppl of the city. I noticed that ppl in the city tend to really dress up. Perhaps its a spore kiasu thing or perhaps its a city thing. Of course, this small-town girl is quite ulu and found a lot of simple things quite facinating.


Scan & Listen (Borders); TV Menu (Sakae Sushi); cover for your umbrella; GPS system in taxis

No I didn't buy anything. I noticed that dollar-to-dollar, most things here are cheaper. But after conversion it isn't much different. Perhaps cause the sale is not here yet. Wrong timing. But anyway the only thing I have on my was my credit card, I depended all other cash transaction on my dear cousin Andrew. Yes, dear! Hahha.. So the only thing I bought were the below (silly me, left mine back home)For dinner, I had the opportunity to meet up with VALERIE (I forgot to take pic with u Val) at some frog leg porridge at Lrg 9 Geylang. Looks like the back-alleys of Spore. Since frogs are not my cup of tea, I ate everything else. We spent the nightlife chatting away and eating tau fu fa and yau char gwai. Man...

Even back at the apartment we lived the night away by being online, watching tv, and simply talking with each other. I was the first to head for bed. The tiredness had taken the toll on me.... zzzz....

Day2
We were forced up quite early to follow Kin Sang to work. Aih!~ So off we went grogily to Harbour Front and into McDonald
s for breakfast. Why? Oh I don't know. But we spent the ENTIRE morning at that same table eating and talking. Talking mostly (even when Kin Sang joined us for lunch). As though we hadn't had enough of each other yet.

Was only when Pastor Lawrence and Nettie came that we finally stood up and hunted for a place to have lunch. Walking to and fro from Vivo City to Harbour Front, we finally settled for Sakae Sushi where we were joined by Elaine (Tan). We had a great time catching up with the Pastors, talking bout the pasts, recent happenings and future plans. It's been quite some time. All the girls sat on one table and the guys on another. hahaha.... Somethings don't change. Pastor Lawrence treated us.

Kin Sang and Elaine left while we continued hanging around there and meeting up with Lavinia's friend. Some random guy, says she. At least we got the see the sights of the place... Especially the blurry view of Sentosa Island.


We also headed to Bugis and met up with another of Lav's friend. Bugis was a nice place to just hang and walk around. But we only managed to spend over an hour there before we had to catch the bus back home.

And that's ALL I saw of Singapore. *sweat* However, I've determined to come again. Have to anyway. So the adventure will be continued....



For more pictures, click here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also want to go Singapore! Bring me if your going by car =p
Btw, you just got stabbed. Refer to http://iamsignius.blogspot.com/2006/10/i-miss-somebody-right-now.html for details on treatment.
What goes around comes around. Or something like that..

@nne said...

I doubt i'll b DRIVING down anytime soon. haha..