Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A new obsession

Introduced to a new anime, I found it fascinating enough. Thanks Peter.

The title was a little strange "Full Metal Panic" and the lightings a little jarring. Main characters being Kaname Chidori (the blue hair girl) and Sousuke Sagara (the black suit guy in the middle). Not your typical high school life.
The story development was good though and even the characters appealing.
However I found it a little too exposed for any young boy to watch. Even though it is only cartoon, it is nonetheless too exposed.
What I liked about it was the silent love between the two main characters. Captures the audience I guess. You just can't wait to see how it ends.
There isn't much twist to the story, but nonetheless interesting to see the quirky antics of the main characters and like I said earlier, whether the guy is capable of love. LOL.

And I much prefer the serious series to the Fomuffu one.

Obsessions never end in gain. Watching 24 episodes straight in a day is bound to do something bad to your body. And still I went out after that with a throbbing head to watch The Prestige - A most-see film by the way. This is the furthest I've went. By the end of the show I had a throbbing and giddy head, nausea, and all that can be expected from spending the entire day in front of the screen like that.

Lesson learnt? 24 episodes is far too many. And lemon tea helps cure giddy and nausea. And oh I need to go easy on my eye. Am loosing my sight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe..if u need more der's FMP the second raid..13 eps, continuing where FMP season 1 left off..

@nne said...

wohoo! thnx peter! second raid is so much better in sense of story and character development.