Monday, May 03, 2010

Finished in 2 days


[edited]: I started this blog thinking I finished the book in 1 day. But realized a day later, that I had not taken Sunday into account. Sigh~


A new
record! I finished reading a book in TWO days. unlike many insane bookworms, I'm a rather slow reader and can't usually finish within a day. Still can't apparently. and comics don't count. So I feel unusually proud of this rather insignificant achievement that I had to blogged it. *beams* Well it doesn't seem so significant now.. since it was TWO days instead of one.

Alright Alright I'll admit. I start reading 2 pages Sat night (after midnight so it's considered today, right?). Half the book on Sun and half on Mon. And the book has only 213 pages with probably size 14 font and 1.5 spacing. On top of that it's a children's book. Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys to be exact.

But it was the contemporary version and I thought it'll be interesting to see how the authors are keeping up with times. And they're doing a good job with the modern language and terms. Very enjoyable!
It alternates the story from Frank, Joe and Nancy's perspective.



Excerpt from the book:

(Joe's perspective)
But [Frank] was also worried that one of the girls would say something to blow our cover here. And he was worried that he wouldn't know what to say to them. And he was worried that the dig supervisor would get mad at us for leaving our quadrants. And he was probably also worried about something totally irrelevant, like global warming. Frank worries a lot.

1 comment:

she3p said...

*pats on the back*

Hehehe..im such a slow reader that i had to return the book to my friend who's leaving..and i only read half of it..such a shame