Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Flowers by the roadside

You know how you drive along the same road seeing the same sights every single day. And after a while, you tune out to not have to deal with the monotony. Perhaps like me, once in a while, you take a different route home. Just to change the scenery. But how many routes home are there?

Do we tend to take for granted when monotony sets in? Do you accept the drone or do you do something to change it? I can take monotony better than most people. I don't actually get bored if I had to eat the same food over and over again. Not really anyway. But at the same time, I can't stand monotony and drone. It's weird I know. I'm torn between two kinds of personality.

But perhaps it's the little things along the way that breaks the monotony or makes it worthwhile. Like a simple word of 'thanks', or 'you made a difference in my life', or spring colored flowers in the middle of a dreary road (which you had never noticed before), or a long-overdue dinner with those closest to your heart. God is so good. I think we all need it.


What's yours? I hope you have yours.

2 comments:

she3p said...

i guess it's the same monotony way that we do things..habitual, non-creative way of doing things..it's a disease really...:)

michelle said...

mine is always the sky - how it enhances the landscape of the day - it can be the same day, same time but always a different backdrop.

i love the big fluffy clouds after a heavy rain (though it tends to be really hot but the clouds are big enough to remind you of cotton candy)!

how the ray of sun shines through the crack of dawn or even the purple-ish pink skies and perhaps even the golden evening sun! there was a rainbow yesterday too!

beautiful, magnificent and breathtaking! never fails to put a smile on my face! =)