Saturday, March 27, 2010

Fishing!

It was so long ago that the memory feels like a dream. Perhaps a dream from a distant past or a wishful thinking. Nevertheless, my childhood diary records that it did indeed take place.

Standing knee deep in water as the waves continuously laps the shore, I remember watching the sun fall off the horizon. We were fishing with a family friend and I was a little worried that the fishes might get hurt. I couldn't imagine the cruelty that we were inflicting on the fishes.

"But you eat fish what," my dad reminded me. Hmm... indeed I do. But I did not have to witness it.

There was a small wooden jetty just on our right where a big pail was to put the fishes that we caught. Of course I was too small to throw a line so all I did was stand there. Beyond that, I could not remember a thing. There was something about a big turtle that I think my sister encountered. For the life of me, I have no idea what happened after that.

But I got a chance to fish for real this time. The college group rolled off to P.D. to try our hands on fishing. Some couldn't stand waiting so long (although only 10minutes had passed). Some were totally freaked out by the live worms (they say it could bite). Some took every opportunity to look cool holding a fishing rod. And of course, some actually caught a fish. Some fish.

No comments: