Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I gotta know how the story ends

A lot of times in life, in my life at least, I see my situation and I want to give up. What's the point of trying so hard when life deals you a bad card. It's unfair. I've been "good" all my life. And sometimes when I look around and I feel like it really doesn't seem to get anywhere. Where's my happy ending? Where's my victory? When can I finally show the very people who have sassed me and my dreams and my life? How long do I have to wait?

There's a show I saw, called 'My Sassy Girl' - a remake of a Korean show. At one part the heroine was held hostage at a closed theme park by a man who had lost his love and had given up on life. She exclaimed that one should never give up even though his love is love cos you need to see how the story ends. It is not over.

As unprofound as the line is, it struck me. Sometimes I wish I can travel 10years into the future to take a peek at my life. I wanna know how it turns out. I wanna stand at the end and look back at the story of my life and understand the plot that has unfolded. Don't you? Every story needs to have an end. We all want our happy endings. We need to know that there is hope that it will end well. We need to continue wanting that.

So we don't give up. We get back on our feet. And we allow the Author to finish the story. We follow His leading and stick with the storyline. Good guys always finish well in the story. So I continue... and pray that my story is gonna have the best kinda of plot for me.

5 comments:

Chaco said...

Yeah I know what you mean. You're not alone Anne; I'm hoping for a happy ending too.

she3p said...

hmmm...dont we have that tendency to it wrong when we thought it's the end when it's not???

Anonymous said...

degree bloggers karger addis staged conserve aacsb snippet ksxkkyk deregulation trafficking
lolikneri havaqatsu

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

@nne said...

erm.. glad to help whoever you are =)