Tuesday, January 05, 2010

TengKwok's Wedding


It was my eldest cousin of my father's side's wedding. That's a first in this side of the family. Grandma was so pleased I could tell. But it alway's takes one person to start the ball rolling. We waited at the groom's house for their arrival for the tea ceremony. After what seemed ages (and catching up with the family and almost forgotten relations), the couple arrived. I witness some of certain chinese's tradition I've never seen or heard of before which deeply intrigued me. Like getting a kid to jump on your marriage bed for fertility. The kid had a ball though.

My cousin had this dream wedding plan, which initially sounded rather confusing to me. Part of me even wonder if it's worth such an effort for such a dream wedding but it was rather beautiful. And people do like being a part of something different, something special. I still rather have my traditional walking down the aisle in a church, cos I'm not so daring to hope the sky doesn't pour.

His wedding was an outdoor event in a resort in PD. As you can see in the pictures below, it wasn't exactly your average wedding. Us cousins were charged with the responsibility of registration and what not which we diligently carried out, I think.


I carried home with me some ideas and awesome time spent with cousins - whom some of us only meet during special ocassions. Relationships are always more important.

Here's my best wishes to you and your new bride!

No comments: