Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wolverine

I was prompted to re-watch the first two X-Men after the much talked about Wolverine. I loved that show. And it was for that very reason that I pulled out the old DVD. In my mind, the story should match perfectly, as any good story should.

However, as I re-watched them, I found a few inconsistency (as I suppose would be natural). Anyhow, these are what I discovered:
  • Sabretooth (in X-men1) showed little resemblance in appearance, personality and character to Victor Logan, brother of Wolverine. Neither was there recorded any tension between the two men of vengeful brotherhood or arch enemy.
  • In one of Wolverine's flashback (in X-men2), he saw himself escaping the laboratory naked, with his adamantium blades protruding and blood spilling all over his arms and body, while he screamed in agony. If Wolverine has had bone claws all his life, adamantium claws would not have such an effect on him.
  • In X-men2, Stryker (the military scientist from Wolverine's past) said, 'you've always been an animal, I only gave you claws'. Wolverine has always had claws, what Stryker did was to make him indestructable. This idea of receiving his claws only during the adamantium experiment was seen throughout X-men2.
By now, you're thinking I'm way to free to be thinking all these things. Actually I'm not that free. But this occured to me. Thinking about it didn't take time. Blogging about it did.

1 comment:

she3p said...

if u ever follow the x-men comics...x-men wasn't born with claws and all.....

anyway..that's the thing about comics based movies..they have to change stuffs here and there..:)