Monday, May 04, 2009

Updates


Every now and again I'm tempted to be lazy and not update. But then either out of OCD-ness or the memory of one of the purposes of this blog (archives for future reference), I find myself here. Don't ask.


Brought a bunch of youth up for BCM Day on May 1st (a food and funfair day to raise fund for BCM annually) of which I need to play a part as a student there. =) The heat was insane and for some unanswerable reason I found myself sunburned at the end of the day. (I wasn't even under the sun, was I?)


I find myself being hassled to one of the many stalls to assist. The stall sold awesome Rendang and curry which we manage to finish selling! Brought me back to the days when Agape was holding fund-raiser fairs every year, where we, the teens then, fought to help out at the burger and hot dog stall. Those were the days, my friend.


The very next day, the scenario changed completely. The heat did not. So clad in dresses and tie, the youth took over a favourite restaurant in town. The sweltering heat plastered our pressed shirts and dresses to our bodies, not at all fancy. But it was our 26th ANNIVERSARY and we'd let nothing spoil it. Even if the sun was cooking us, and we had dinner at 5pm!


Everyone was simply beautiful and I wish I stopped to take some photographs of everyone. As usual I had the jitter bugs and could barely sit still or stop worrying. Not like there's much to worry about. The group had evolved and grew so much that it was still a good celebration even though we forgot to bring out the cake.


I hope the rest of the Anniversary pictures and video would come out soon for linking and archiving purposes. I'm a nerd like that.

Pictures courtesy of Lynne and DavKok. I failed to take any on my own, remember?

No comments: