Friday, May 01, 2009

But by the grace of God


Do you believe that you can shelf everything in your heart
To busy yourself in the requirements of everyday
Responsibility is a science, deception is an art
Perhaps you never have to face what your heart wants to say

Men fear what the future holds and that which is unknown
Men scurry to take control of which he has none
We will reap what we have sown
To deny that it's all in the hands of the Son

You can run but you can't hide
Ignorance is bliss but it isn't safe
Don't even try to beat the rising tide
Your heart explodes and your world begins to cave

Oh God, You are my only
There's nothing certain under the sun but You
I know that I am not my own property
But it's hard to accept it as true

How can I throw caution to the wind
"Step out of the boat and just believe"
Against You I have greatly sinned
But Your grace I freely receive

Fear engulfs me whole
Of the things You've set before my path
Heal my heart and rescue my soul
Take me out of this dark shaft

By Your grace alone I still stand
By Your love alone I still am
Need I still Your guiding hand
Need I still Your providential ram

This is a story that will never end
I can't stand alone, I know thus far
I know what's around the bend
Didn't want to be the one setting the bar

God!

No comments: