Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Aspirers Camp 2009: Expect


Expectations
This year's camp was one of the hardest to encounter. It wasn't the logistics but something more. We've been talking about this camp since months ago - we believe that this camp is gonna be so much more where lives will be launched to a whole new platform of faith. We told them to Expect.

But instead of anxiousness, I was down most of the time. And I witnessed that the rest of the leaders and committee were down and out. They faced difficulties and hindrances, both with the task at hand and in their own lives. Because of that, I believed even more that this camp was special, that it would be different. Or so my head keeps telling me, because my heart was not responding.

The night before camp, Chaco asked me what it was that I was expecting in camp. I said souls saved. This is the highest ever recorded number of campers ever and there were so many new people. I remember thinking we've all had the spiritual highs over and over again, now I want more. I want to see souls saved, lives transformed by the power of His name. God, oh God! Because I know God is in THAT business and I want to be in THAT business too.


"Chains be broken,
Lives be healed,
Eyes be opened
As Christ is revealed!"
- You'll Come, Hillsong

Did God disappoint?
No. Never. I cried when I heard the words.
Was camp better this year?
It was different. And yes, revival is here.
Was it up to expectation?
It kinda depends what your expectation is right? Don't put God in a box!
What can we expect from this?
The beginning of a generation that is rising up to take their place in Faith.

This year we saw our youths rise up in faith. They prayed. They did their job. They held on even when the storms came in. They didn't give up. They believed. They fused the enthusiasm. They mentored. They reached out. They ministered and prayed for others! They prophesied. They did things I never did when I was 16 or 17. I can retire.... almost =)

Oh Lord, I see what you are doing. Give me now the strength and boldness, wisdom and guidance, patience and compassion, to take it to that next level.

..to be continued.

No comments: