Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A road trip

On the craziest weekend there is (of course it had to be), I find myself being hurried into a little car that would take me far north - on my first ever road trip with my best friends. I had anticipated the trip for a long time but it wasn't until we were in the car and really heading north that the excitement kicked in. It started in my hungry tummy and shot up my nerves for the next few hours. My imaginations ran wild with idealistic images of what I could only hope for.

But nothing could have prepared us for it. The constant rain that dampens the atmosphere throughout the three days, the icky motel that creeps under your skin when you sleep, the traffic jams that teaches patience, the parking summon that we said we'd never get, the fully booked ferries heading out because the whole world was heading to the same island, the tour that we missed because our ferry was late, and the list simply goes on... and on... There were a hundred things that deserves to be complained about... It felt like an internal ticking bomb, ready to go off. I heard the soft ticking at the back of my head.. getting louder. I had to tell my heart to be still for God is still Sovereign. GOD!

What makes something perfect? What makes it wonderful? Seeing everything go exactly the way we want or had hope for? Without blemish. Is God good only when everything falls into place? But how do you appreciate a rainbow if there were no storm, or a good meal if you were not hungry?

We
were so determined to have a good time and we stuck to saying God is good, hanging on to His good graces... asking for favour at every turn. And He never fails. Every time we choose to put it in His hands, He never fails. In spite of all the frustrations, there were moments of pure bliss - the rhythm of perfectly good music while we chilled from the pouring rain, having a good soul at the hotel help charter a boat for us to the islands, floating in a lake surrounded by endless mountains in the clouds while rain drops lightly on the surface, watching the sun rays shine down from heaven as we speedboat away from paradise...


(There's nothing more stunning than nature - the work of His hands)

It was simply awesome! Waiting for my photos...

I had so much more to say, but let's leave that to fester in my heart. Some things you can't buy. And those are the ones you treasure. Here's to forever...

1 comment:

she3p said...

it's the holiday season....so it ought to be crowded and all...:)

anyhow....it's the people that u r with that really makes the difference, don't they?