Monday, December 01, 2008

Vacation Bible Adventure

Archive note:
Vacation Bible Adventure 2008
Kingdom of the Son: A Prayer Safari
December 1-2, 2008 (Mon-Tues)
>100 kids with about 40% unchurched children

The sound of screaming reached the office. I could not help but feel all warm inside just to hear the laughters of children. I used to say that children's laughter is one of my favourite sounds to hear. I felt like I wanted to walk out and gather them in my arms and touch their cute faces. But walking out of the office was like walking into an oven. The afternoon sun combined with the smell of sweat from hyperactive children is not the most pleasant of feeling. But nevertheless. Esther said all the youth are kids-crazy this year. They love kids... even the boys. That's good right?

The lesson rooms were insanely beautiful. Children's workers have put in a lot of effort into creating a colourful atmosphere of props and stuff toys - it was a safari indeed. I've always said we've got some major talent here in our church. My pictures don't do justice. Perhaps you'll find better pics on Fong's page.


I later asked Ann if she thought VBA was worth it. She said yes, seeds were sown. For children, the answer is always yes. It's always worth sowing and investing in children and young people. =) May we always remember that.

No comments: