Sunday, June 29, 2008

Chan Wa Band in Concert 2008


Violins, flutes, trombones, bass, brass, drums, cello....

I probably have not seen or touch half of the many intricate instruments in an orchestra. But having had heard so much from my dear cousin, I know a little of how it works. And here I find myself sitting in a concert I do not understand, after an extremely long and disappointing there trying to kick my heels and enjoy the show.

Sitting through an orchestra is harder than it seems. After the initial 30seconds of a familiar tune, you begin to wonder how long is the song. Straining to recognize people onstage and trying to appreciate the sweet melody at the same time while the toddler in the front row dances with her glow band.

However, I thoroughly enjoyed and was astounded by the Percussion:


No comments: