Thursday, June 05, 2008

Petrol Hike


In recent news (in Malaysia), petrol was announced to hike 78cents per liter. Making it a whopping 2.70 a liter. And it's supposed to double in August, so they say. Even though subsidy is planned for the lower income group, it's still hard as
everything else also sky rockets. Transportation. Electricity. Commerce. Food. Rice..... Living.

Overnight, the pump stations were crowded with vehicles hoping to gain as much as possible before the midnight curse. The overwhelming sensation caused a major city jam as people hurried from their work places and homes. Mix.fm recorded a lady caller who had been stuck in the LDP highway jam for 3 hours. *ouch*

I too was caught in the buzz. During my first pump (before the mad rush), I was told the credit card machine was down. So after prayer meet, aka my second pump, the crowd was long enough scare me away. It wasn't worth the wait. I had, after all, already pump some.
Sigh...

No comments: