Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Weed

Earlier today my mom decided my room needs major spring cleaning. The strange bites I've been getting for two weeks is going too far. And to our surprise we discover a major plant growing outside my window, with its black-ant infested branches touching my window. The last time i looked out that window was only a few months back and the plant did not exist.

We proceeded to chop the branches of and rid the plant.



Dad proceeded to seek out this parasite plant. And we discovered that it's root has been growing on our wall and behind the gutter, through the awning and branching out at my window. Less than a year ago my dad had "killed" the same plant but today it is here, taking root, doing damage.



So my dad forced the root out and tore a piece of the wall. We decided that feeding it weed killer was the best way to go. We had to kill it for real this time.

It's amazing, isn't it, how unwanted parasites grow so fast without any proper care. It's so much harder to nurture a 'good' plant to bear fruits. Yet these 'weeds' grew under your nose when you least expect it. But that's how it is with life? The good work takes a lot more time and effort to see fruition, but sin and destruction need no help. If you don't chop it at its core and solve the issue once and for all, it will come back and destroy you. How true it is! We need to be wary...

No comments: