Sunday, June 10, 2007

Esther Steven Wedding

Esther Yeow...

I've known this "char-boh" since we were kids. Back then she ran in a different crowd, the older crowd. It was only when we started going to the same tuition that we found steadfast friendship. She even convinced me to study computers and then 'betrayed' me and did accounts herself. Hmph! But Esther has always been Esther - and we all love and 'hate' her just the same. LOL. She'll listen to any crap you want to tell her and of course, you gotta listen to any crap she's gotta say. (Since she talks way more than I do, I only listen to half of hers! oops... my mind has wondered away) And somehow, everyone always expect Esther to marry first. Like we won't ever need to bother bout that question till she is married.

And now, suddenly, she is.... ooops now what? Am I next in line? Why is there a line??

Wedding Preparations...
For months, we've been preparing for the wedding. Dieting to fit the dress, planning and getting things done, loosing sleep over it too. Esther and Steven barely slept the week before their wedding. Poor dears. Dress fitting, video making, car decorating, table arrangements... you won't believe the details that goes into a wedding. I couldn't believe it. It was beginning to seem that weddings are not for the newly weds - but to please everyone else! Perhaps... who knows. And it's so much more complicated in the chinese culture. I'm beginning to feel that I don't want all this when my turn comes around. It's just not worth it.


The Wedding...
The wedding day finally arrived. And I overslept. I overslept an entire hour! After a lot of panic and rushed moments, we managed to be all ready just as the groom hengtai party arrived. Though i'm normally not into ragging but I wouldn't completely call this ragging. The guys were pretty sporting!

And though I didn't think green was a good theme colour at first but I can't deny that the bridal party was absolutely beautifully colour coordinated. And yes, I was the maid of honour. Looking at this picture, I don't regret my dress one bit. Good on you Esther!

It was a beautiful wedding. The whole day was just so natural. It was possibly the longest wedding I have ever attended. But it was so beautiful. The deco was simply lovely! Steven, I want the video! God made everything go so well and everyone was just so ... touched by the entire event. I don't know what it was.. perhaps the sincerity of it all. Perhaps the support that was given, the love that was poured out. FC and sally said that it was the sincerity of love that us girls shared that was most touching. I guess since we ended up crying on stage. It shall be forever remembered as the day Lavinia and Szet Anne cried on stage! (in front of 500+ people)

I mean every word I said in the speech, Esther. =)
And though I was stuttering, I meant everything I said on stage too, Steven. =)

I'm gonna miss you so much Esther. Steven, I know you are a good man, so take good care of Esther.
It's gonna b so hard to begin explaining the friend Esther is to us.
And no words can suffice the pride and love we feel for each other.
There are some friendship bound in the past that cannot be broken, cannot be explained.
Bonds that are more than just a past, but a commitment to the future and everything it holds.
A friend forever I have found, blessed am i among people.

For more pictures, click here or on Su-Ann's photo album

No comments: