Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Dress Fitting

Esther's wedding is coming and dutifully we met up with our designer/tailor to get our dress/gown fitted. Since I did not want to drive (and did not know the way around PJ very well), I took the train. And if I can say this, traveling by public transport in this country is no walk in the park. argh!



Here's a funny story:

I arrived at the lrt station after sundown. Thank God it was a busy station, and every 5 minutes more than a handful of people walked in and out while cars came, waited and went all the time.
I waited for Lavinia. She was late......
Esther called. She asked if she should pick me up.
I told her my situation.
After quite a few trains have came and gone, Lavi showed up and we headed to Steven's place (which was a stone's throw away)
Upon arrival, we saw Esther's car leaving. Did they see us?

Oh no! Were they going to pick me? Ronnie, Steven's brother, thought so.
I called both Esther and Steven. They both left their phones at home.
Lavinia drove back to the station to catch them. They weren't there.

Daniel, the designer, had arrived by then.
Lavinia came back, frustrated. Esth
er and Steven were missing.
Ah bothers! They must have gone to pick up their laundry.... (and they did)

Finally we're ALL TOGETHER and we tried the dresses. I went all the way up just to try on a dress! Though it costs a bomb, I love it. I love my dress. Don't we look lovely? I think Daniel, the designer, must be pretty proud of this.


Despite being told to watch our weight from now on (to fit into the dress), we went to have a scrumtious, major dinner that span over 3 round tables. Because we had overseas guest, we ordered everything we could think of. Such pigs! (too bad i did not take a pic of tat)

After a VERY late night, I had to wake up extra early to catch the train back to Seremban for work. I was late though. Again.

No comments: