Thursday, May 31, 2007

GLS promo

Global Leadership Summit
October 22-23

This is the first time Malaysia will be holding this worldwide event where top-notch leaders of the world will be speaking (in Malaysia, we will watching a videocast). The whole idea is to raise the bar of leadership across the globe. A man with that kind of vision and passion I salute.


Agape Gospel Assembly (my church) will be hosting this national event. This event happens in (I think) 193 cities all over the world (not simultaneously but the same event) and it is an honour to be a part of such a major event. And to have it here in lil' ol' Seremban is even more exciting a thought.


But here's where I'm excited about. My name is on the brochure! Well not my name per se (they simplified it). But Pastor did ask me to handle all the registration from all over the world. Altho it's an admin thing but I find it exciting to be a part of something this big. And in a position where every participant come through you. People - as irritating as they can be, it is just as interesting.


On May29th, I traveled up to Awana with Unc. Frankie and family to set up GLS booth during the Minister's Retreat. We were there for a big-time promotion for GLS malaysia. Many pastors were interested, enquired, took brochures, CDs, Forms, and sweets. Yea sweets were the most popular.


Super early bird registration closes on 30th June.
Early bird registration closes on 31st August.

I sat there like a counter girl, watching all the AG pastors and their family walk to and fro. I was rarely acknowledge, much less recognized. And as boring as it was sitting there for each session, I kept thinking watching and thinking. There's much you can learn by watching people - what more men and woman appointed and anointed by God.

I wont say more than this: they are all just as human as you and I. And if God can use such varied people, with different strengths and weaknesses. Then God can use me too =) and I'm glad to know that. And I hope to encourage others with this. Knowing that God can use ANYONE who is simply willing to be used. And THAT my friend is an awesome truth. Because it is not US that is great, but the God who uses us who is great. Cos despite of what we are - the weaknesses, the failures, the weirdness - HE can still use us to fulfil His ultimate purpose.

No comments: