Monday, May 07, 2007

Redang trip


Destination :
Redang Island, Off Kuala Terrenganu (East Coast)

Date : 3rd - 5th May (2D2N)

Participants : Paul, Hazel, Esther, Steven, Lavinia, Kin Fei, Winne, Myself


This was our much awaited, much needed BREAK. As short as it was, it was still very much needed for most of us. It was also possibly our last trip together anywhere as our dear Esther and Steven will be leaving us. I went on this trip hoping to rest and to rejuvenate myself: soul mind and body. To prepare myself for the long haul ahead. I knew that if I did not have this time away from everything, I'd not be able to endure the next two months. I wanted to watch the sunrise and feel the breeze on my skin and the hear the waves lapping therapeutically on the shore, and to find God again in his wondrous creation. And I did. yyyaaayyyy!

The sea was crystal clear, the sand was soft and white, the sky was as blue as can be, the scenery was picture perfect. You could lie there all day. Besides the sunburn, mosquitoes and sand flies bites, and various other allergy (everyone had some weird allergies or bites or something or one thing or the other) Much to the rest's disappointment we spent a total of 24hours on the island. LOL. Much to anyone and everyone's shock, that is. And they blamed it on me. Hmph!

What we did on the Redang island (and at Pantai Burok, Kuala Terengganu)?

Snorkel
Except for the salt water in my mouth, the itchy contacts in my left eye, the cut that the lifejacket strap gave me, I love snorkeling. Note: Underwater pics were taken with a disposable underwater camera.


Hanging at the Beach
Some say the best thing to do is to lie on the beach all day long. Though that's when you get the sunburns, sand fly bites, and other bites. But just lying on the beach chair, under the shade, listening to the waves lapping on the beach, feeling the...... wait, I believe I've said all that already.

Played games When night falls and there's nothing much to do or see, we find that each other's company is sometimes the best thing there is. You'd think we've seen and known each other enough but I guess there's always more.

Seeing that my blogmates have so effective told the tale (and I'm the last to update it), I will save myself the trouble. Kindly check out the only two other bloggers that went: Winne and Hazel for a more amusing and detailed tale of the accidents, the order of things we did, and so on. (I don't know where the find the time to do all that)

I can peacefully (and lazy-ly) end this tale. hehe...

For more pictures, HERE (flickr collection) or HERE (Winne's multiply collection)

A little souvenir from the trip. Sand fly bites. This was all over my body. ok not ALL over but got la quite a few. The picture below dont do justice. I guess the camera used was not tat good.

No comments: